Constantly switching between pen and eraser on the toolbar can be cumbersome and slow down the flow of writing or sketching. This is where the gesture eraser comes in handy.
How to use the gesture eraser?
- When your pen is raised without the tip touching the surface of the screen, press and hold two fingers of your non-dominant hand on the screen to activate the region eraserin standard notes or real-time recognition notes.
- Circle the handwritten text you wish to erase with pen.
- When you have finished erasing the content, move the two fingers off the screen to return to the last selected tool you were using.
Tips for reliably activating the gesture eraser
- Press two fingers together in the interior of the 220°-300° angle, which is the effective area for the gesture eraser, with the pen tilted at an angle, as illustrated in the image below.
- If you place two fingers outside the effective area, the gesture eraser won't be activated, as displayed in the image below.
- When using the gesture eraser, please keep your fingers steady at a proper distance, not too close or too far apart. Suggested distance ranges from 10mm to 55mm.
- The time interval between two fingers touching the screen does not exceed 200 milliseconds.
- Keep the two fingers still for more than 5mm after touching the screen.
Note: The effective angle range varies depending on your pen-holding posture. Placing two fingers on the screen far away from the pen can keep them from being in the invalid area and more easily activates the gesture eraser.
The gesture eraser is available in Note, Document, Calendar and Digest. To turn on/off this feature, go to Toolbar > Gesture Settings > Eraser.