EPUB and PDF Documents
Learn how to read and manage documents in EPUB and PDF formats.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
As EPUB and PDF are two of the popular document formats, we think it's fitting that we write an article to walk you through how to effectively use EPUB and PDF documents on Supernote.
Import EPUB and PDF documents
- Method 1: using USB
- Connect Supernote to your computer using a USB Type-C cable.
- Navigate to the Supernote disk.
- Drag the EPUB and PDF documents you wish to import to the Document folder in the Supernote disk.
- Method 2: using cloud services
- Log in to your Supernote Cloud/Dropbox/Google Drive account on your computer.
- Upload EPUB and PDF documents.
- Save them in the Document folder.
- Navigate to your Supernote device. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap in the top menu bar.
- Open the Document folder on your Supernote device to view the imported EPUB and PDF documents after synchronization is completed.
- Method 3: using Supernote Partner app
Before using this method, please make sure your Supernote device and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi and that you've enabled Direct Transfer by going to Settings > My Device > Direct Transfer.
- Navigate to the EPUB/PDF document on your phone.
- Long press to select it.
- Choose to open it in another app.
- Select the Supernote Partner app.
- Click Transfer at the left bottom of the phone screen.
- Select your Supernote device in the Available device list. (Check the device serial number if there is more than one device that appears in the list.)
- Open your Supernote and enter the pairing code that appears on your phone.
- Once your Supernote and phone are paired successfully, the EPUB/PDF document will start being transferred.
- You will find it in the INBOX folder after the transfer is completed.
Change fonts for EPUBs
- Open an EPUB document.
- Tap the three-dot More menu on the toolbar (when it's docked at the top or bottom of the screen).
- Tap Display Settings .
- Tap User-defined.
- Select a font from the drop-down list.
- Select a font size.
- Tap on a Row Spacing option to select it.
- Select a Margin option.
- Tap Save.
Half Page View for PDF documents
If you find the text in the PDF document too small to read, you can utilize the Half Page View feature to make the text larger and improve your reading experience.
How to enter half page view
- Open a PDF document.
- Tap the three-dot More menu on the toolbar (when it's docked at the top/bottom of the screen). If it's docked on the left/right side of the screen, this step will be skipped.
- To enter the half page view, tap in landscape orientation or in portrait orientation. This will split the pages into two halves (left half and right half, or top half and bottom half).
- When in the half page view, the icon turns into or respectively. Tap on it again to switch back to the full page view.
Icons in half page view
|Icon||What It Means|
|You are reading the top half of the split page.|
|You are reading the bottom half of the split page.|
|You are reading the left half of the split page.|
|You are reading the right half of the split page.|
These two icons indicate the end of the top half of the split page.
These two icons indicate the end of the left half of the split page.
Note: In Half Page View, the ability to zoom in and out with two fingers is not available.