Learn how to use handwriting recognition to quickly transform handwriting into digital text.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Supernote's handwriting recognition feature is an efficiency and productivity booster. It lets you focus on writing your thoughts without the need to worry about retyping them for reviewing or sharing later.
Handwriting recognition in notes
With the release of Chauvet 2.7.21, we've added the ability to convert handwriting to text in notes.
To effectively use the handwriting recognition feature in notes, follow the steps below:
Create a real-time recognition note
- Tap New Note in the sidebar menu.
- Select Real-Time Recognition as the type of the new note you are creating.
- If needed, switch to a different handwriting recognition language by tapping the underlined language.(It cannot be changed after the real-time recognition note is created.)
- Write words and the system will recognize them in the background concurrently.
View recognition results
- Tap to view the Recognition Results.
- If you are not satisfied with the recognition accuracy, tap the Re-recognize button.
- Tap the Queue icon to check the recognition progress when you've written multiple pages of notes.
Export recognition results
- Tap on the Recognition Results page.
- Select the export format: TXT or DOCX.
Note: In standard notes, you can also tap the Export icon on the toolbar and select TXT or DOCX to have them recognized and exported.
Handwriting recognition in Word
The handwriting recognition feature was initially only available in Word documents. It's easy to use with good recognition accuracy and speed. For users who believe the pen is mightier than the keyboard, it comes really handy and delivers a solid writing experience.
How to use handwriting recognition in Word?
- Tap Files in the sidebar menu.
- Open a folder you want to store the Word document in.
- Tap the New Word icon.
- Select the pen mode and start writing words.
- Double tap the screen with one finger to have the words converted to typed text.