Table of Contents
What is Digest?
In a nutshell, digests are highlighted information you extract from PDF or EPUB by way of drawing square brackets around what resonates with you.
How to create a digest?
- Open a PDF/EPUB document.
- Draw “[” and “]” both in one stroke at the beginning and end of your favorite sentences respectively.
Once a digest is successfully created, the symbol “D” will appear at the end of the sentences within the brackets.
Alternatively, you can use the text selection tool to select text and tap the digest icon in the pop-up menu to create a digest. (This method only applies to PDFs.)
Add annotations about digests
To put the digests to good use, you can add important remarks, annotations or interpretation about the highlighted quotes in your own words.
- Single-tap the highlighted text in the brackets with one finger.
- Start writing your own comments in the blank space on the digest page.
When you have finished adding your own comments, the aformentioned symbol “D” will turn into the symbol “A”.
View digests and annotations
- Tap “Digest” in the sidebar menu to open the digest list.
- Tap a document name to view the digests you have created as well as the annotations (if any) you have written.
- With multiple digests taking up more than one page, it can be useful to check the “Show comments only” box to filter digests, which allows you to locate the digests with annotations quickly.
Note: digests and annotations are sorted by file names.
Export digests and annotations
- Long press the digest you want to export.
- Tap the “Export” button on the top function bar.
To export multiple digests at once, simply select them by ticking the checkboxes one by one and repeat step 2.
Delete digests and annotations
- Long press the digest you want to delete.
- Tap the “Delete” button on the top function bar.
Similarly, if you want to delete multiple digests at the same time, select them by ticking the checkboxes one by one before tapping the “Delete” button.
Note: Digests are only available for text in PDF and EPUD documents. The digest symbols “D'' and ”A" can be toggled on and off by navigating to the Toolbar > the three-dot More menu > Preferences in the documents.